Does this sound like herpes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have been having some marks/spots (only one at a time) on my penis head and foreskin. They don't itch, crust,burn or blister and completely go away within 48hours. I have a bit of a tight foreskin and often get dry white skin on the head of penis.

I'm concerned about herpes (not had any outbreaks before to my knowledge but have had Thrush/balanitis with discharge under foreskin and also prostate infection in the past)

Am I worrying about nothing?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think you are. Herpes doesn't clear in 48 hours.
    • Posted

The next time you get it, go and get it swabbed immediately, if you're concerned.
    • Posted

Thanks FelisCatus.

Yeah that is my plan but as it goes away very quickly it makes it a difficult to get it swobed as don't want to go when there isn't anything to see!

I get paranoid very easily!

• Posted

Can you not book an immediate appointment? Maybe go private if public healthcare is too slow.
    • Posted

It's a walk in so if I notice in the morning I can go straight away but if I notice at night, it's generally faded by the morning.

You have eased my fears a bit but will definitely get it checked out when it happens again.

Cheers

• Posted

If it fades that quickly and never turns into a blister or sore, then I really don't think it's herpes. If it is, then you're d@mned lucky!
    • Posted

Definitely not sore or blister even in the short time it's there!

Thanks again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.