Does this sound like possible Churg-Strauss Syndrome?

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is my first post. I have been struggling with symptoms over the past decade but have not been diagnosed. Please review my symptoms and let me know if you think they sound like Churg-Strauss or another form of vasculitis to you. I'm planning on getting an ANCA test soon.

Symptoms start with a sore rib cage. Generally, this starts first thing in the morning or late in the evening especially after physically exerting myself or an upsetting emotional event. The next symptom is mucus/phlegm in my throat. It is gross, I have to do a lot of spitting and coughing. Within an hour my joint and muscle pain starts and gets progressively worse throughout the next 12-36 hours. The pain becomes disabling. I can barely move. My hands, elbows, shoulders, jaw, hips, knees, toes, EVERYTHING HURTS A LOT. I also get brain fog and fatigue that lasts for 2-10 days.

That first night I’ll go to bed, wake up 4 hours later and my joint pain symptoms are 60% gone. In the morning 95% of my pain symptoms are usually gone. The fatigue then holds on for another 2-10 days but my pain is gone. I also get numbness in my fingers and hands. To my knowledge, I‘ve never had any redness, rash or actual swelling.

It always manifests itself the same way. Starts with the rib pain and mucus/phlegm and then the pain and fatigue. This has happened to me every 1-6 weeks for the past 8+ years. My pain symptoms rarely last for more than 24 hours.

I also have a history of IBS-D. I have a very strict diet I must follow to keep my bowels semi regular.

Also, I sometimes exhibit Sjogrens syndrome symptoms if I eat/drink the wrong thing.

I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions on my symptoms and questions I need to ask my during my upcoming appointment with a rheumatolgist.

Thank you very Much! Steve

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.