Does vomiting mean anything with CES?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

For background my story so far is here... https://patient.info/forums/discuss/could-this-be-slow-onset-ces--623935

In short I suspect I have a form of CES.

Over the last two weeks there have been 6 or 7 occasions where I've just started vomiting out of nowhere. I have not felt ill as in a stomach flu, though I do always seem to have the chills and shivers lately even in a warm house. On each occasion I've typically hurled about 5 times in quick succession but then immediately after I feel fine, no nausea at all.

It feels like its associated to the nerve sensation I get constantly in my legs and also seem to feel in my spine, a horrible disturbing weak feeling I get at my core which I struggle to explain. Its not a painful feeling more unpleasant and it seems to reach a point sometimes where it triggers the vomiting.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Is it a sign of anything in particular or is it just a bodily nerve reaction?

I asked my GP about it and she said it was something triggering the vagus nerve and it often happens to people having heart attacks because of the pain. She didn't seem concerned but I thought some of you may have an opinion to share perhaps based on experience.

Thanks,

Steve

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Steve

Hi, it's me again. Your gp's explanation sounds plausible. CES does impacts the bowels and can cause obstruction from not being able to have a  Bm. It also causes a weak sphincter so some incontenence is a sign. The nerve root that is connected to your vagus nerve is not at L4/L5. Pain as your gp said can do that. It troubles me that you are not getting sorted out faster. CES is not a nice thing to have. I pray you don't have it or if you do they treat it asap. 

Best wishes

• Posted

Thanks again chrioli.

I have decided to have my MRI reviewed by an other expert in the field in case they can offer some useful advice or alleviate my fears of CES. I've also made contact with the office of an orthopaedic doctor that has written a peer reviewed clinical review of slow onset CES so he could also be an option if he becomes available soon enough (he's out of the country at present) and if my funds allow.

I'll report back if I discover anything useful.

Thanks,

Steve

• Posted

I had that issue the day before my emergency surgery. They weren’t sure why but said it might have been a combo of my high blood pressure and anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.