Don' t dread the hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had awful symptoms for 2 years which were life limiting and painful. Unstoppable bleeding and pain from 3 massive fibroids.

At 49 i had a TAH and bSO 10 weeks ago

I am well and back at work -my friends say i look 10 yrs younger . I have my sparkle back . Please don't think

A hysto is the end !! Xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes Hilary I agree with you there. 7 weeks post same op for me and GP wanted to send me back to work as I feel and look so much better. More energy and have had some lovely comments. Have also lost quite a few inches from waistline. it's not for everyone but I have no regrets.
    • Posted

Hi Jeanette, are you on any HRT?

I am 41 and being advised the TAH & BSO and am very confused about the HRT.

• Posted

No I'm older than you so ovaries have provided protection for me past normal menopause age. I am now 55 and since op have had hot flushes which I did not have before. Thankfully they are very brief in duration lasting 30 secs to a minute but about 8 a day. I am able to ignore them. No other symptoms yet!

In hospital I met two women who after hysterectomy developed cysts needing further surgery. In your age group without family history of ovarian cancer, which I have I would seriously consider keeping them. I personally at my age do not want HRT. Hope that helps but not sure it will. Good luck.

• Posted

hello ladies i had a full hystorectomy 5 weeks ago after having problems for many years bit like you hilary ,feeling and looking  so much better getting on top of my iron levels has helped loads and my energy levels are are on the up , are you on any HRT ? i am in the soup of deciding wether its for me or not ,night swets and hot flushes being the main problem at pressent 
    • Posted

I am having some issues also but I am having hrt.

Trying menopace will let you know how it goes!!

Good luck if you do try it x

• Posted

hi hilary ,not having HRT was my plan but in the last few days the flushes have been at least 1 hr and i am realy starting to wounder how i will cope when returning to work ,am going to try menapace like you ,have a pescription for HRT but realy wanted to do without if i can!   not so  sure now going to hang on a coupel week and see if things settel down , but am a bit concernd that they could get worse than they are now ;(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.