Don't know how to cope anymore. Help please

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi there. The doctors say I have anxiety, I have had ecg, blood tests and chest xrays etc and all came back normal. But I can't help but think there is something wrong. The doctor says I have anxiety. My symptoms are 24/7 ranging from light headedness thoughts of death pains in my arms and legs. Feeling sick and nervous all the time. There is no escape for me right now. Is anyone else going through the same?

Thanks

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, there are a lot of people going through what you are. You are definitely not alone. What has your doctor suggested to help you with your anxiety?
    • Posted

Nothing yet I have a review on the 11th of August where I have to decide what medicine to take between beta blockers, anti depressants and diazapam
  • Posted

hi hun ,i have been suffering for years with anxiety and it can leave you feeling so ill, in fact i am off work at the moment ,i like you have pains etc ,i know you feel that all is lost but it is not ,you have to fight it do not let it get the best of you ,i will admit it is easier said than done but there is help out there also councilling helped me a lot ,write all your feelings down think of positive things in your life and noit so good feelings ,i bet your good ones out weigh your bed ,take up a hobby i started to ride my bike ,i know it does not sound much but it got me out of the house ,please try to think positive ,i know it is not an easy journey but there is light at end of tunnel ,i can control mine to a point ,i think it will always be with me ,so i learn to cope with it .if you would like to spk again i am here for you ,good luck hun xxxx
    • Posted

Hi, thank-you very much. It's mainly the pains I'm getting that's making me think I'm going to have a heart attack. Being down my left arm and leg. I'm glad I have people to talk about it to as my parnltner just shrugs it off and tells me to get over it.
  • Posted

anxiety triggers alsorts of things ,i have had all the same syptoms hun ,but we make it worse because we panic and thick that something will happen ,it is the worst feeling in the world ,just relax and let it pass best way to do it xxx

• Posted

I feel the same way, they say it's all in my head an even my family's pushing me away because I pushed them to there last nerve. Not fun at all especially when you feel alone.
    • Posted

and thats not very nice of your family to be like that...remember you can always come here and talk to someone Amy x
  • Posted

ifeel the same..don,t have any appetite what so ever and feel sick with it...try to force yourself to eat something small like a banana or some porridge etc..or you will go more down hill if your under nourished...take it easy it will get better..x
    • Posted

Hi Julia excuse me interrupting but I am same as u...no appetite n feeling sick. Health anxiety is off the scale at mo. I am losing weight which is resulting in me having ocd weighing myself! I equate weight loss with illness. Can I ask you please if you can identify with this? Thanks. E. 
    • Posted

I lost weight to , always felt sick and no interest in anything, I hav been at Rock bottom and fought my way back, there is no words to explain how you feel, but I kept going because of my daughter and grandchildren it is them I think about . People don't understand it is an illness get help if you can you will benefit from it it is gud to talk to but nuteral person , they listen and understand it is a hard journey but one you can reach xxxx
    • Posted

Good morning Maureen thank you for the reply. Anxiety is awful isn't it? To think it's only thoughts really that start it all. I know exactly how this started! The stopping it is more difficult! If you have grandchildren then I assume you're maybe older like me? You think we.d know better eh? I'm here if you want to talk. I wish you well. E. 
  • Posted

I have the save symptoms ugh!!! It sucks, I don't like being this way and I'm getting really fed up.
  • Posted

I feel nervous 24 7 for no reason ! My heads all fuzzy and dizzy and it's like I can't focus. Nothing seems real I'm disconnected from my surroundings and myself but I try to ignore it. Anyone anxiety feel like this ? Feels like it will never end sad been since October! ADS have improved the crying but I still feel weird and foggy
  • Posted

hi there not sure why the mod deleted my reply to you as it contained a link that is extremely popular from an info website by and for sufferers of anxiety-i found it particluarly helpful and it deals with "pains"~anyway...all the best and it would be great if the mod could inbox me to explain?cheersN-seems like your getting some gr8 replies tho wink
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for the kind messages. Shortly after posting this I had yet another panic attack and had to go and lie down. Does anybody else feel the need to sleep and just so withdrawn after a panic attack?
    • Posted

I feel like it 24 7 it's draining and I wish it would jog on. I'm trying to ignore it in hope it looses it's power that's what iv been told
    • Posted

yeah its frustrating ive been fine past few weeks but its slowly crept back past couple of days ive got like a tight band around my head all the time for the past few months its soo annoying 
    • Posted

I know I feel gud then I go bac down again , I think my body not used to being relaxed , I know it sounds daft but I worry if I feel ok , because I have not known for wat it is like to feel normal , please enjoy ur birthday best you can xxx
    • Posted

It is draining , but think positive , try relaxation tapes r hav a massage it works for me , we can beat it zx
    • Posted

Yes a massage helps I think. I don't think I could get away with a relaxation tape as the other half would just take the mick out of me :-D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.