Dorsal artery of the penis.

Posted , 2 users are following.

It may be nothing but is the dorsal artery which runs along the top of my penis from the base to just under the glans supposed to be sheathed in a hard tendon or ligament- like structure. When I stretch my flacid penis and pinch the top center just under the skin I feel a hard edged structure which has sharp edges on either side, perhaps triangular in shape. When stretched it sets the limit of the length of my penis when erect. This structure will not stretch no matter how hard I pull. Also I cannot feel a pulse in it. I thought arteries and veins were supposed to be relatively soft. This "anomaly" doesn't cause me any trouble. I don't know when I first noticed it but it was some years ago . It isn't Mondors disease. it runs the whole length of the penis, isn't visable under the skin, doesn't hurt, and has been like this for years. Is it just a sheath which covers the dorsal artery?

Probably every guy has this tough cord on top of their penis but I've never felt another man's penis.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are feeling the suspensory ligament. A quick internet search should explain what this is and why it is there. Completely normal and essential feature of the penis.

• Posted

No I don't think so . I just looked it up and saw a photo of a cadaver's suspensory ligament . It's deep in the groin and attaches around the base of the penis. It does not run along the length of the penis on the top just under the skin where the dorsal artery is found. Look, if your a male test it on yourself. Stretch the flacid penis and with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand pinch just under the skin on the top of the penis-where the dorsal artery runs. Do you feel a hard ligament type structure running the length of the top of the penis? If so, then I don't have an anomaly. It's just some sort of hard sheath covering the artery. Let me know?

• Posted

Thanks. As I've said and implied on several occasions, I am not worried just curious. There is no pain or discomfort. I don't have Peyronies disease. There is no scarring or waisting. I'm assuming that if what I have is an anomaly then it's genetic. I've studied this for years. I've read medical treatments on the dorsal artery and viewed cross sections of the penis both drawn and photographic (cadavers). There is no mention or indication of this ligament-like cord. Look, it's easy. Pull or stretch your flaciid penis to its fullest extent. Then with the thumb and forefinger,of the other hand pinch just under the skin, top center of the penis. Do you feel a hard, tight cord running the length of the penis? Yes or no. Let me know the answer.

• Posted

(from a private thread)

thanks. Based on what you've said I believe I do have a genetic anomaly. I'll still need more verification though. Perhaps the next time I see a urologist or maybe someone else reading this thread will do the pinch test and report whether they feel a hard cord .

• Posted

OK, just done your test and I do feel that ligament type structure as you describe. So whatever it's called as far as I'm concerned it's normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.