Drinking high silica content water?

Posted , 8 users are following.

A few people have been mentioning that drinking water with a high silica content help your UC. Can someone explain this or tell me whether it has helped them?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have been drinking volcanic water for about ten days plus. Am also on steroids but since drinking the water symptoms have been getting better and I am now having formed stools in the morning still have the urgency. As I think it was Stewart on here said drinking normal water is like drinking water that has been sat around in old aluminium saucepans for days on end
    • Posted

Where do you buy volcanic water? I use filtered water. I haven't had a formal diagnosis, but looks like I have Cronh's, UC and a hiatus hernia - possible food intolerances too - more tests to be done. If it's water you buy in a supermarket, that's fine. Thing is, I live in a very small studio, so storage is a major problem for me, and as I have multiple health problems and have large Complan packets, and incontinence pads to store - this could be a problem! Angie. xx
  • Posted

A chinese doctor has been treating patients with high alkaline water with success (see youtube). I have tried cucumber, sprouts, alkaline water (all highly alkaline) and it helped somewhat. But many of alergies are related to food. In my case it was bread... possibly gluten.
  • Posted

Yes, I can. And yes it has. Waters high in silicates have basically put me in good health with normal stools. I know it's the water that works for me, tastes better than tap, can't say it'll work for all, but for me I might forget to drink one day and then I'd suffer slight colitis symptoms. The water does me well, anything rather than medications such as melasalazine (Asacol) which I think is evil, gives me gas, uncontrollable explosive diarrhoea, that's not pleasant, you only mess yourself once on it, but your are confined to the house! The water has put me right, but for me I was getting a bit desparate, and the options looked rather bleak to me, have some vaccinations then in a while go on to Azathioprine, immune suppressing drug that makes you more likely to get skin cancer, you have to not get much sun. No fun;-( Hope the water goes good, try drink alot first week, see if it has helped. 

Also I have a strange relation with conventional medication after a RTA and coma 3 months, had a frozen shoulder, no help from hospital. After hospital stay, still in agony, I had acupuncture from a cranial osteteopath, on the journey from there home the pain went, then it was physiotherapist freed up the movement. It's never bothered me since at all! 

The only thing I will say the water is one of those things you can't live without, and to my mind I'd rather keep off standard allotrophic medicine, but then I'm definitely weird!

• Posted

brooke22,

in response to your question in the other post re small amount of blood post alternating enema's...it's possible an ulceration hadn't completely healed...wait a few few days, hopefully the amount of blood will gradually stop..however if not you may need to return to daily enema's for an additional short period. Silica, its everywhere, in your tissues etc...in your colon it will absorb water, form a gel and fecal matter will bind to it..thus stool forming...toxins also bind to the gel.

I'm in the US, the UK has a product (silicol gel)...not really a gel but a product that forms a gel in the colon (silica dioxide) digestive not the topical. Ann

• Posted

I find this very interesting so would love to hear people's views as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.