Duloxatine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi peeps

Has anybody been on Duloxatine and if so how do you feel it works with you?

I just don't know whether to start taking it as prescribed by the pain clinic nurse.

I have Fibromyalgia, M.E and Neuropathy.

Thanks guys and looking forward to any info you might have.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't want to dicourage you as I know many people who do well with duloxatine.  However that was nor the case with me. Then very first dose caused increased anxiety, panic attacks which I'd never had before and crying spells.  Doc told me to try to keep using it for a week which I did and things got worse.  With her advice I stopped it.  After only one week of  at low dose (20mg once a day)  I stlii had withdawal symptoms.  So it's probably worth a try but cautious.  

• Posted

Dear helen18113, thank you so much for your comment on Duloxatine. I don't react well to most drugs and really do not fancy starting something that ive got to wean myself of off if it doesn't help me. I have gone cold turkey after 2+ years of taking 50mg per day of sertraline, (dr's error), and my skin is so itchy! I'm also quite tearful. Don't want to go through this again.

Thinking of seeing a private consultant as a one off.

Hope you stabilise soon.

• Posted

Pam ,I have tried every ssri and ssnri out there and this is the only one that did not give me adverse reactions as i am very sensitive to drugs. As a bonus I had some nerve pain in my arm and that went away as well as most of my depression. I started on 20 mgs a day, for a month and just increased to 30mgs so far so good. It is worth giving it a try as I was about to give up on meds. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi carol20979

Thanks for ure comment. Really appreviated. It's food for thought. I'm going to see doc this week, who will hopefully convince me either way.

Hope u continue to find relief with Duloxatine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.