Duloxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been depressed for a good 18 months now and tried 4 different meds without any success.........trying Duloxetine now but the fatigue is quite challenging...only on 30mgs for 18 days now and anxiety and intrusive thoughts have improved somewhat but depression and low mood and lethargy still remains

On the meds for anxeity AND depression. I had low energy and no motivation for exercise or daily walks before the duloxetine but the new meds appear to be doing nothing so far to help with tiredness and motivation

Is it too early to expect any better and will the tiredness disappear as time goes on? It's as if my old self is lost and I am struggling to find him again

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

18 days might be too early to expect the full effects of Duloxetine. It's common for antidepressants to take several weeks to start showing noticeable improvements in mood, and it might take even longer for some people. The fatigue you're experiencing could be a side effect of the medication, and it's possible that it might improve as your body adjusts to the medication. However, it's important to keep your healthcare provider informed about any side effects and your overall progress. They can provide you with specific guidance based on your situation and may suggest adjustments to the medication if needed. If you're struggling with feelings of losing your old self, consider discussing these concerns with a mental health professional who can provide tailored support.

• Posted

Any more encouragement and advice out there?

• Posted

Folks....Is there much of "bumpy ride" going from 30mg to 60 mg after 4 weeks on the 30? I struggled a bit on the 30mg so much that I had to have a Diazepam chaser to cope......wonderin' if the step up to 60 is gonna be smoother or just as crazy?

Started 60mgs today and tapering 3mg Dizzypams down to 2mg in 8 days then 1mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.