Duloxetine - Help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello!  I have just started taking Duloxetine 30mg each morning and have been feeling awful; really dopey, dizzy and sick.  I had no idea of all the potential problems of this drug until I googled-it!  The results (side effects and withdrawal symptoms etc) have scared me so much I have decided to stop after only five days.  Can someone please advise if I will suffer from withdrawal symptoms after such a short time of taking it?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been taking it for maybe 4 months and just stopped after tapering from 60 to 30 and now zero. I found the drug to work well for depression. However I am on day 3 without the drug and feel terrible, worse than I ever have. I think everyone is different, but at the moment the come down definitely isn't worth it. Think carefully before starting. Sorry, hope this helps. 
  • Posted

it can be disorientating and a bit frightening starting anti depressants but if the side effects are mild...ish then stick with it for a few weeks and it will get better! but if you can't handle the side effects then yes stop but you will still have depression! so you have to think about whether baring the uncomfortable side effects for a few weeks is worth it or depression for a lot longer...I would go f
  • Posted

for the meds anytime! depression is awful but meds are not the answer and withdrawing is hard but n
  • Posted

I took Duloxetine 30mgs for 5weeks and had to come off through too many side effects, I took it for anxiety but it really flared up my fibromyalgia, the trouble with these drugs you have to wait some weeks before they start to work,

My Dr advised to take one every other day for a week and then 1every 2days then off

which I did, I found I was ok after about 3 weeks.

everyone is different they suit some people, but they do affect your liver, therefore need regular liver checks, I am giving antidepressants a miss  for the moment tried  3 with no results.

I would ask your Dr for advise on coming off it. They do not tell you about the side effects which I think any good Dr should, I suppose it it is difficult because everyone is different.

Best Wishes

Pat

• Posted

but not impossible. I found that exercising in the long run helps tremendously and work hard to get out of your depression!!!! do what you loved before even though you think now that it's not worth it stick with it all because eventually it will get better! trust me I know! get the right psychologist and stick with that too! I was on 90mg and now I'm on 30mg and happy that I'm winning and not losing! you are not alone even though you feel that way....bare with the meds if you can as I did and it did help after a few weeks but this med won't make you happy...it will get you stable where you can then do things that's make you happy! hope this helps :-) 
  • Posted

You did not say what you were taking the Duloxetine for, as this drug is one of the recommended  ones for Fibromyalgia as well though as I said it flared mine up something terrible.

There are other ways if it was for depression, relaxation, BCT and other methods.

have you tried any if these.

Pat.

• Posted

I am not sure if this is the right way to thank you all for taking the time and trouble to respond to my original posting.  (I am new here).  I should have said in my earlier post that I also take a tricylic antidepressant (dosulepin), diazepam and zopiclone.  I was prescribed the Duloxetine to help with neurological pain and also to help further with my low mood and anxiety.  I think the Duloxetine on top of all the above is simply too much.  I have been so dizzy and dopey and my balance has been terrible!  I am not sure what to do! 
    • Posted

Thats quite a lot of medication to mix. Zopiclone can also cause a lot of side effects.
  • Posted

Hey! Id be keen to hear how things went after stopping Duloxetine after 5 days. I am on day 4 and about to quit also. Was it bad? Cheers!
    • Posted

I decided to quit after 4 days. Did you have any withdrawal issues? Im on day 2 without taking a pill. Yesterday was kind of rough, though to be honest, I felt sick everyday I took the stuff.
  • Posted

I took Duloxetine 30mg 1 day and thought if this ever gets out of my system, never again!  It felt like an out of body type experience just so hard to explain.  I felt like I needed to be up moving to feel somewhat normal.  It is so disheartening to hurt and the meds taken have such vile side effects.  I tried it again thinking it was just me...and again, I had that same feeling. I now take tramadol and a muscle relaxer on an "as needed" basis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.