duloxetine withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

stopped cold turkey ( doctors advice , she said I have seratonin syndrome) off 60 mg due to severe adverse reaction. High blood pressure, migraines , ear fullness and buzzing noise and  sweating. It's now  almost 5 weeks since last dose. On top of all this I now have anxiety and insomnia. Really struggling right now. I read another post that said it took 10 weeks to get over a reaction . Was taking for pain and had 2 weeks pain free for the first time in 8 months. Does not agree with me so now having to suffer this withdrawal . The head symptoms for me are the worse 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I don't understand how a dr can let you go cold turkey...it's an extremely difficult drug to come off and cold turkey should never happen. At least refer to a psychiatrist who can supplement with something else to ease the weaning off..not cold turkey ?? I'm sorry that you have to go through this as I'm trying to stop mine but seriously can't ..only dropped to 45mg..that's the most I can do before I get loads more depressed.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response . The doctor said it was the best thing for me to do as the reaction was so severe and I ended up in the hospital overnight due to extremely high blood pressure. I have been given propananol but it didn't help so stopped that and I feel I am adding insult to injury at this point in time after having been off for nearly five weeks. My blood pressure has stabilised so hopefully I'm going in the right direction .

i am going to continue to try without and allow my brain to try and return to  its normal balance of chemistry . I only went on it for pain which it did help but has now backfired on me . Sending good wishes to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.