DVT got better after Covid-19 vaccination

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have DVT (deep vein thrombosis) for years and have symptoms (vein pop up, itching, redness, local heat, etc). I had Moderna vaccination and had mid-level response after the 2nd dose (chill, fatigue, muscle pain). After 2 days, I recovered and cannot feel DVT symptoms anymore. Additionally, the DVT vein pop up is much reduced. Now it has been 2 months after my 2nd dose, and my DVT condition is still good (not symptomatic). I hope it will go like this as long as possible.

Does anybody have similar experience as me? I heard many concerns of DVT getting worse by Covid vaccination. But my experience is opposite (or beneficial).

Hope to hear more on this part.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a real heavy duty reaction to the second dose of Pfizer (not atypical for me) 4 months ago. Leg swelling has gotten gradually better and stayed that way. In my experience it's not impossible that the Covid-19 vaccine triggered something positive (some type of immune response). This type of thing has happened to me before and would be similar to a drug side effect. Usually, the effect, good or bad, goes away, but not always. The data I have is not good enough to credit the vaccine with the positive result with any certainty. But if it has, I think the effect lies somewhere within the immune system and its effect on inflammation. Thus the shot may have reduced inflammation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.