Ear crackling

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I've been getting ear crackling, ticking on and off in one ear. Most of the time when yawning, hiccuping, sometimes when swallowing. No pain. Ear feels kind of wet for awhile after getting water in it.

Also, noticed pressure one time in ear when water gets in ear. Doctor looked at it. He told me my ear drum is not colored correctly, I forget exactly what color. No wax problems, But primary care doc told me it was eustation tube dysfunction. He gave me some nasal spray, claritin and told to call back if it doesn't get better after that. It got better because I stopped getting water in my ear. As soon as I got water in my ear it came right back again immediately and lasted for days. I called docs office and was told if it didn't get better after nasal spray to go to urgent care since doc was on vacation and didn't have many appointments available for the next month. Not sure what the point of going to urgent care is. I don't have an infection and no history of infection. This has been going on for a little over a month.

Anyway, anything to worry about? Should I just relegate myself to wearing ear plugs when I go in the water? Not really a big deal, just kind of a pain to have to wear ear plugs every time I go for a swim.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.