Ear noise no luck at ent doctor

Posted , 2 users are following.

So starting a week ago, i started having what sounded like rice crispies popping in my ear. Odd, I know but that's the only way I can describe it. No pain or any other symptoms. it only bothers me when I'm alone or in quiet place otherwise I hardly notice it. Saw the ENT doc yesterday who checked the pressure behind ear drum, my hearing and looked inside with a microscope. He was stumped. He said he didn't know what was wrong and for me to just ignore it. lol Anyone experience anything like this before?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well it sounds like Tinnitus and there can be many reasons for it. It may just fade away, thats why you were told to ignore it but if it gets worse do go back to your doctor.

Have you been exposed to loud noises just before it started? or anxiety? or started new medication?

• Posted

thank you for your reply. no loud noises at all. Possibly anxiety.. I always have that but it's been worse lately, I guess. No new medication or any other symptoms, probably why the ENT was stumped. It's not horrible but i know it shouldn't be happening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.