Ear pain that won’t go away

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageattached is a close up of my ear. ive had this pain in my ear for almost 5 months. ive been to 2 different ENTs, emergency room, CT scan, steroids 2x, antibiotics 3x. they all look in my ear and say its fine. what could be wrong with it? they say its allergies or that its from my deviated septum

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi,

I thought id reply to you as Im having similar issues and I recently posted on the ETD page as Ive had 2 different opinions.

I have a history of perforations and an historic eardrum repair but like you I have had ear pain/ache almost daily since last July (22).

One ENT consultant said I was grinding my teeth and another said Eustachian tube disorder.

Like you when my ears are checked nothing is found.

mine started after a bad Hay Fever last summer, so allergies would have eventually caused fluid behind my eardrum which causes pain. I do steam inhalation everyday to clear it.

I think I probably do tense my jaw whilst sleeping which may cause ear pain.

whatever the causes its annoying and mentally draining ,as Im sure you find.

Im going to try Acupuncture next.

Your ear camera pic may be normal. I have a camera too but unless we know exactly what to look for its inconclusive. your s doesnt seem to show any redness and a healthy ear canal is a pink/grey colour which yours seems to be .

if your ear pain feels on the bones in front of the ear and you wake with a tight jaw you may be bruxing.

hopefully this will pass for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.