Ear pressure, tumor?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have a feeling of pressure in my left ear. It’s the same feeling you get in a plane. It started a week ago and has’t fully gone away.

I’ve tried everything: swallowing repeatedly, different techniques where I close my nose and blow/swallow, etc.

I also tried Affrin, Flonase, Claritin, Sudafed and Tylenol.

It started Friday, Feb. 19th. It went away for a while from the evening of Monday, Feb 22nd through Thursday morning Feb 25th. It returned that Thursday.

The one note is that I have hearing loss in that ear. I have has that since my 20s. I’m now 44.

I saw an ENT and he did a hearing test + work-up. He found the hearing loss and prescribed a weeklong regimen of Prednisone. He also wants me to get an MRI.

I’m started taking 60 mg Predisone yestersday, Friday, February 26. It’s now Saturday and I feel no relief.

I’m incredibly anxious that this will never go away or that they’ll find a tumor in the MRI.

I’m in desperate straits.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.