Early Period with PCOS

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had PCOS for 10 years (diagnosed at 14) and have been managing my symptoms with the pill since then.

My usual pattern is two months on, seven days off, and when I stop taking the pill it can take several days to actually come on. I'll still keep the days off as seven, though – which sometimes means I'll be bleeding when I restart the pill. This is not unusual for me.

However, my most recent period came on two days early. I had two pills left to take, but woke up with what I'd describe as the start of a period for me. As far as I'm aware this is the first time it has happened. And even though I've lived with PCOS for this long, I'm still not wholly educated on the topic. Has anyone else started their period early while still taking the pill?

My plan will be to visit my GP if the symptoms continue. Until then, this forum was my go-to!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.