Eculizumab (Soliris)?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Paroxysmal noctural hemoglobinuria (PNH) and have taken for a few months Eculizumab (Soliris). However , my blood status has deteriorated. Would you advise me to discontinue the medication?

With best regards

Walburga

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Long-term use of eculizumab has some side effects, but this is not common, it may cause Anemia, Low white blood cell count, Nausea, vomiting, Urinary tract infection and so on.

• Posted

hi hope all is well, I am also on soliris but for myasthenia gravis. there isnt much data about the drug and I dont know anyone else who is on it. I'm the first person in my region to receive soliris. how is your treatment going? and have you had any other side effects? I'm on week 5 and I haven't seen any results yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.