EDT with aggravated lymph node and anxiety

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! Hoping I can get some reassurance or advice on what I’ve been told is Eustachian tube dysfunction. About 8 weeks ago, I had a really bad cold (not COVID) with a lot of nose blowing. About 3 days after the worst of it, I started hearing what I would describe as an ocean roar in my left ear. I could get it to lessen if I held my head at certain angles. I also experienced two bouts of submandibular salivary gland swelling. A GP exam didn’t show much other than slightly irritated ear bones with no sign of infection. The roaring persisted for about 3 weeks and I was then referred to an ENT. He prescribed steroid nasal spray.

The roaring has lessened significantly, but I can still make it happen by tilting my head back. I’ve developed some general neck soreness and tension on both sides as well, plus an aggravated lymph node on my affected left side. My ENT follow up today advised stress management above all else, as I’ve been extremely anxious to the point of it affecting my quality of life. He is not sure if all this was caused by a virus or just trapped fluid. I go back in a month for an ultrasound on the node if it’s still enlarged.

Does anyone have a similar experience with EDT? I feel like I’m going nuts and no longer able to differentiate between real symptoms and stress-induced or imaginary ones. I feel like I’m having trouble focusing, but I don’t have blurry or double vision and I’ve been working and exercising. I appreciate any insights as I can’t shake the feeling I have something else undiagnosed.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.