Effects of stopping?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Zapain, (codeine and paracetamol 30/500), for the last 3 months after my gp prescribed them when i had gallbladder problems and subsequent removal 4 weeks ago. I stopped taking the tablets a few days ago but i find that i get terrible pain in my legs and cannot get them comfortable and so end up taking a couple of zapain to combat this and it helps. Could it be a withdrawal symptom?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is typical as to what has happened to me.  Please do not despair you will get through this.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Samantha, how many are you taking per day?
    • Posted

Hi. I was taking 8 per day but now only take 2 which i dont need for pain just to take the feeling in my legs away.
    • Posted

I think that amount would definately cause some withdrawal symptoms but probably fairly mild

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.