Eliquis and Aspirin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did anybody hadproblems withthis combination ie Eliquis and Aspirin .I stopped it next day .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. No, I'm on Warfarin which I hate as I can only eat a tiny amount of greens.

Discuss it (firmly) with your doctor. My problem is also that my blood pressure

just won't come down. Am on a horrible tablet called Physiotens and am hoping

to get off it soon. All I want to do is to sleep.

• Posted

The reason aspirin should not be taken with blood thinners is because aspirin also thins the blood, which increases your risk of serious bleeding. Speak to your doctor, but I'm on Eliquis and was told that I should not take any NSAID painkillers (which includes Nurofen, Voltaren, aspirin, etc), so I only take paracetamol these days.

• Posted

Kishan,

I have just seen your other post, I am surprised you have been given aspirin as well as apixaban, I would be scared of thinning the blood too much. Where is your clot?

• Posted

Yes.Initially Docs here in SFO prescribed.I spoke to our Doc daughter,she said Stop it.I had heart attack in 2011 ans still stopped Statins in 2012.The prescribed and told me to take Statins again .My pains started in 3 days.I STOPPED IT .

follow Lifestyle changes and pl Stop Statins if anyone is taking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.