Eliquis- New side effect thread

Posted , 5 users are following.

After a relatively minor PE, I was put Heperin in the hospital then switched to Eliquis. Ever since my discharge a month ago, I have severe dizziness, brain fog and vertigo along with pain/soreness in my neck. Generally all my doctors (pulminologist and caridiologist) have dismissed my symptoms and stated "they don't know anyone else that's had these problems on Eliquis".

They're both willing to switch me to a different medication, but both also suggest I just stick with it and ride it out. The problem is, the dizziness is just getting worse.

In reading reviews on both Eliquis and Xalrelto, this doesn't seem that uncommon even the doctors insist this isn't the case .

Thinking about just switching to Warferin<(sp?) Thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

When I had PEs many years ago, I was put on Xarelto and had very bad pain in joints - particularly knees and neck. I tried to tough it out, but it git worse and worse. I was switched to warfarin and within 36 hours the worst of my pain had gone. Anecdotal, but I know but it worked for me. The testing with warfarin can be a pain, so get a home kit if you can.

• Edited

Hello Peter. You still there! its been a while. I've have trouble with the web site .its very hard to navigated. I've not seen any posts from the group of two years ago except Angela .My food taste is still next to none. Still on Eliquis and Anagrelide. My platelets are under control. I could not take Xarelto. Could not walk. Same as you. Warfarin is very inexpensive here in the US. But requires you to watch what you eat. Due to vitamin K. Anagrelide is pretty expensive compared to Hydroxyurea. But my food taste is not as bad. So. I bite the bullet and pay for Anagrelide and Eliquis. Last year I needed a pacemaker due to slow heat beet. I feel fine! at 85 what more can I ask!

• Edited

Hi Justin, nice to hear from you and glad you are feeling ok. That is what matters the most. I am doing ok, managed to make it through OHS a couple of years ago. ...a bit like being hit by a truck, but I am back to normal, finally.

Keep on smiling and taking the tablets!!

;o)

• Posted

Almost a year into my PE experience. After hospital they put me on the standard xarelto 30mg and then down to 20mg but I didn't like the side effects, so I switched to eliquis (2.5s?) about 4 months in. Side effects were worse--sharper chest pain and trouble breathing after only 2 days on it. Switched back to the xarelto 20mg. Dropped to xarelto 10mg after 7 months and side effects lessoned considerably for a couple months only to suddenly return this summer. Now giving pradaxa a tryout. I accept it will be a bit of a slog slowly working my heart and lungs to back into shape so I can feel strong again... I just want to be rid of the chest pain and brain fog.

• Posted

Hello, I've been having a very similar experience ever since my PE and also being put o Eliquis. Neck pressure and discomfort, dizziness/light headedness and a few other symptoms. Any updates? Did you switch meds or did anything change with the symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.