Eltroxin and Levothyroxine have made me so sick, help!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed hyperthyroid due to a nodule on my thyroid, did the radioactive iodine thing, now I am hypothyroid. Before I was 58, with diabetes and addison's disease, but managing those and biking, kayaking, walking 3 km a day. I have been on minimal dose of both of these and get muscle pain so severe I cannot walk, and have been prescribed narcotics to keep working. My Endo would not believe me, but switched me, and the pain came back as soon as I took 3 days of pills. I am off everything and the pain is slowly diminishing. I have an appt. coming up, but what do I try next? Oh, and I take my pills at 3:30 am, I am old, and my bladder reliably wakes me up, LOL, so I don't have contamination with food, supplements, or other drugs.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.