Emergency !! Pain in centre of the chest just below the breast bone for a week ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Few days ago I woke up with a sudden jerk as if I was going to faint. The next day when I visited the doctor he said it is nothing but Acid reflux. The medication continued for 10 days but there was no improvement. I visited him today and he said that it could be GERD. My most severe symptom is pain in middle of the chest just below the breast bone ( where the abs start ), this pain increases whenever I eat or bend or make stressful movements. Other symptoms are shortness in breath, bloating, difficulty swallowing, sensation of vomiting, burping as if I am going to spit acid, frequent need for urination. Please help me clarify what is the problem ? My doctor has currently prescribed me with Pantoprazole capsules, antigas liquid and o2 tablets for two days.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

He could be right , but then again maybe not. I had all your symptons for 13 months. Been treated for everything from H-Pylori to gerd. Pain and neausea still here. Had endoscopy and hida scan checking liver , gallbladder , pancreas and ducts. All normal. Going to cardiologist today. Probably shoulda started with cardiologist in the first place. Very scary to think about heart problems. But I still wish I had gone to him first. Thought the other docs knew what they were talking about though. Trusted them. Learned my lesson now , just hope I didn't wait too long.

• Posted

Please let me know about your cardio test !! Because my chest pain sometimes tend towards left side of the chest and sometimes to the right but most of the time it is on left. Can it be caused because of GERD or H. Pylori ?
    • Posted

Could be I guess. I had H-Pylori , but as it turns out , that apparently wasn't my major problem. I listened to all these docs , thinking they knew best. Not necessarily. Only interested in their own line of thought , not the whole picture. So we have to think for ourselves and not follow doctors blindly. I followed their advice blindly and and may have done more harm than good. But I'll post on here after I see my cardiologist today. We have the same symptons only mine has spread to other parts of the body over the past month. Beginning to get a back ache .

• Posted

I don't have any back ache but a sharp pain under the breast bone which occurs on random time

• Posted

I didn't either until a week ago. And it's not all the time. But enough to make me think about the heart. Like I sad , this has been going on for quite some time without a diagnosis. Now I'm worried since all these test iv taken didn't find anything.

• Posted

After using Pantoprazole tablets for a day I can say that it relieved me a bit. But the pain comes back as soon as I eat or I am in the process of eating. I can feel the food going through my food pipe when I eat. Stomach fullness remains the same, I woke up after a good night sleep still my stomach feels that it is full even chest fullness is present , difficulty while breathing deep, difficulty swallowing. Is it normal ?
  • Posted

Hello

I think you should go to a gastroenterologist. They can diagnosis you properly and give you a second opinion.

Your symptoms could be a varity of things from acid reflux, stomach ulcer, IBS, etc..

You won't know until you have proper testing for your symptoms. You might need an EGD test to find out what is going on with your digestive/ stomach issues.

I wish you luck on your health journey. Keep us posted. And God Bless. Stay positive. You will be fine

• Posted

The pain is on the left side just under my breast bone and it radiates on the upper side. I get sharp pain in that area as soon as I eat and the pain remains there throughout the day. One more thing is that the pain moves towards my jaws and this started happening from yesterday. Other symptoms are feeling of vomiting just after eating, while taking medicines. I am really afraid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.