Emotional after Ectopic Surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just recently had an ectopic pregnancy loss. The pain was awful and scary. I have so much emotions going on right now and need advice on how people dealt with it. I'm very angry , frustrated, feel worthless and confused. There is just so much going in my head right now. I'm trying so hard to stay strong but it's nearly impossible. It's really hard to share my emotions with people I care about cos I don't wanna seem weak or pathetic. Is this all normal feelings? What should I do about it? I'm losing sleep over it and I feel like I'm here but I'm not.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everything you are going through is normal honey. I will be 30 in April and my husband and i have been trying to conceive for 7 yrs.... He has 5 children from a previous marriage... which I love with all my heart... but I've always wanted to have my own child... April2016.. I was hurting in my pelvis ... took a few pregnancy test... negative .. April 11Th first positive test... made dr. Appt for blood test... definitely pregnant... took one more test cause my dr. Was unsure for some reason.... my numbers were very low... 59... second test ..39... it was eptopic! My world came crashing down! people didn't understand. .. they said oh you will have another baby one day. ..I didn't want another baby... I wanted that baby. I was so angry and i would just sit and think about it and cry.I didn't understand. I started praying. . And I prayed day in and day out. God... I don't know why this happened but I just pray that you will ease my hurt and heal me so that one day I may be able to have my own healthy baby.... it helped me... and don't give up cause as of Feb 1st. I found out I am pregnant again and my first Dr appt will be the 7th..I'm praying all goes well cause I haven't hurt this time at all.... I should be about 7 weeks so please don't give up honey... I hope my story helped you

• Posted

Hi

Ive just read your post and you are not alone honestly i thought it was just me i had an eptopic pregnancy recently to and lost my left tube also i have so much anger and i feel guilty i keep bursting into tears i cant sleep and always feel down and exhausted but dont want to tell people how i really feel.

You are not alone and we will get through this everyone keeps saying times a healer but maybe im hoping it gets easier .. i am so sorry for your loss

Xx

First time ive ever posted on something like this took the plunge

• Posted

Monica,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2013 and lost my left tube. As I had fertility problems, I was told that the chances of me getting pregnant were significantly reduced. After taking medication, I got pregnant in the first month. I have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old girl. I did have a son prior to my ectopic pregnancy. I know that there is nothing I can say to take away the pain of your loss. Honor your feelings and go through the grief process. You are not alone even though it feels that way. Two things I thought of after my ectopic. 1) at least I knew I could get pregnant 2) a good friend of mine said to me that the ectopic pregnancy helped to prepare my body for my little girl. I hope the best for you. Lots of positive thoughts for your healing. Give yourself time and lots of love!

• Posted

I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in November. It was the worst pain I ever felt. It was terrifying and traumatic. And...I felt the same as you. You just experienced a very scary and heartbreaking trauma. There will be so many emotions and they are all normal. We all grieve in different ways, but for me I went through periods of total emptiness, then depression, then anxiety. Nightmares were common for a while and an overall sense of failure and guilt. I found it helpful talking to people and telling them my experience (people I trusted). It made me feel less alone. I recommend talking to a professional who can help you with your emotions. You aren't alone, though it can feel very lonely. But I have felt everything you described. It's even more difficult because not only did you lose a child, you experienced a very scary health condition. I think it would really help talking to someone to sort through all that.

Also: you must remind yourself that none of this is your fault. You may feel guilt or worthlessness, but it's just a feeling. This isn't your fault, though we can be so quick to blame ourselves. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you'll find some peace and healing. It's a hard thing to describe to someone who hasn't gone through it, but I understand and so do many other women. Living through this makes you very strong. Seeking help from loved ones and sharing your story is not weakness. I think it can help you heal and make you only stronger. <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.