Emotional stress of LP

Posted , 7 users are following.

Today my pain is really taking a toll on my mental health. I'm just over it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who will have a mini melt down from time to time because they are in pain.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I understand exactly how you feel.  I too have trouble dealing with the physical pain which in turn affects your mental health.  The two are closely intertwinned.  I have been put on anti depressants two weeks ago.  Perhaps you could consider this?  This disease is awful!!!!  Take care of yourself.  I know how hard it is to deal with this!  I am going through the same. Best wishes. Jan x

• Posted

No your not! It can be so horrible. I have it in my mouth so just drinking water at times can be a challenge. However, I've just started a steroid treatment of prednisone and all my sores have healed up and my mouth and is feeling quite good for the first time in a long time. I have 4 more weeks of this treatment and I'm praying it'll send it in to remission. Best of luck to you, I feel your pain and wish I could offer you some relief
    • Posted

I have taken prednisone in the past for my mouth and vaginal sores and it helps so much.  I usually wait until i can't handle it anymore because i am a nursing mother and have to use frozen breast milk while i am on the medicine.  I was going to call and get some today but remembered I have my patch testing to see if this is being caused by an allergy and one of the prerequistites is no oral steroids for 10 days prior to the test.  sad  I can't keep my oral steroid gels or pastes in the spot they need to be becasue they are mostly on my tongue right now.  I am living on advil and lidocaine oral topical solutions.  I am just over it.  
  • Posted

You are definitely NOT the only one who has melt-downs, mini or otherwise. Me and many others are sometimes driven to distraction by the terrible itching that this causes. The doctors say not to scratch but it's almost impossible and then the skin bleeds and the pain is almost a relief. I'm lucky in that I don't have LP pain as such, it's "once removed" and I suppose, self-inflicted but very little eases the itching at all and it really does cause mental melt-downs. Unfortunately this doesn't really help you but be assured that you are not alone with your meltdowns!
  • Posted

No you're not alone. I have had deprssion because of it. And it is overwhelming.
  • Posted

oh bless your heart i hope your ok, trust me i`m sure i can speak for all of us , anyone with this horrible cronic condition has really down days, it surely can be expected considering what we have to put up with ! most days just eating is like chewing on glass and don`t get me started on the other end, some days i have a job to sit comfortably .what i do if it`s any help is when you feel down let it out ,don`t be affraid to have a giant cry you`ve good reason to. If you`ve a good friend have a moan to them too and hopefully it`ll be enough to get you through another day.This is a nasty thing to stomach on your own so remember we`re going through it with you and we`re all here to chat if you need it x
  • Posted

I can really commiserate with that sentiment. I've had autoimmune illness for two years and nothing got me down until I got lichen planus. I was able to cope with intestinal hyperpermeability, constant food reactions, swollen eyes, brain fog, Hashimoto's thyroidism, and condition after condition piling up as my immune system turned on me, but this - it was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's so painful and it feels so vulnerable to have intense pain in such a delicate area. My personality has changed because it's internal and friends and family (with exception of husband) just cannot understand the change in me. I'm an upbeat person, but this has got me up against a wall. It's all-consuming. I finally broke down after two years of coping. I think I scared my husband. I think I'm scaring myself. All I want to do is go basejumping and forget everything because suddenly all the things I was ever afraid of in life are nothing compared to this. It's the worst fear I didn't know I had - coming to reality. Worst part is that I cannot take antibiotics, NSAIDS, or other painkillers due to my conditions. I'm not sure about steroids, but I'm certainly concerned that treatment is going to worsen my other situations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.