Endometriosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have written on here before about my problem, I had a hysterectomy 4 1/2 years ago then 2 years later I had my ovaries out, and a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with endometriosis again and a chocolate cyst, now last week I went to see my new consultant last week and after having an mri, he said my other consultant had left part of both my ovaries in, so I have to have it done again, has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just had my full hysterectomy on May 1, 2015. I don't have my ovaries anymore, but I would be extremely upset if doctor had left any party of them in, since I have had many cysts and lots of sugar tissue and endometriosis. I have 15 incisions from surgeries, not counting my c section scars.

Did your doctor give you any paperwork to sign before surgery, reaffirming what was to be done? Mine did, and he was going to leave in one of my ovaries. I saw it on the paper and fixed it just in time.

If you can show that you were supposed to have them out the first time maybe you can assure, or at least have the surgery charge waived. ( I am not sure how it works in the UK if that's where you are. )

I would be so angry if they left an ovary in!! Even with everything out there is still a 2% chance of the endo returning if they did not get it all. Then on top of that, you must have been freaking out from the pain being there after thinking he took everything out!!! I am so sorry. I hope they straighten this out for you right away, and that you can finally truly begin to heal.

• Posted

I too had a hysterectomy in 2009 and in June 2015, I started feeling a lot of period type pain that just wouldn't quit. I went to the ER and was told that I had a fluid filled cyst on my left ovary that had ruptured. I went to my doctor, who did surgery and sent the cyst off for testing. It was a blood filled cyst that had been fueled by Endo. I don't know what stage, but there is enough scar tissue and lesions there that the cyst removal took over two hours.

Since the surgery, and the decrease in pain medication, the pain won't go away. I feel like I am always on my period, my back hhurts, and there seems to be no relief. The doc wants to try Lupron, and I have done research, and I have to admit the thought of medical menopause sounds terrifying. I just cannot deal with the pain. The fatigue is the worst! I have to rearrange everything when it hits because it is so hard to function.

It is so glad to see that I am not alone. I wanted to share my story as well.I was told that some small peices can be left behind of the ovary or the tissue from the uterus. There is no guarantee that the doctors will get it all. I am 41. I was just diagnosed so I have not developed any coping mechanisms. Any advice for the fatigue? I have so much to do, and cannot spend most of my day in bed.Uggggh!

• Posted

Also, I was not told until an hour before surgery that they may remove my ovaries if they looked bad. I was shocked and surprised that it was an option. They did not remove them however, but I wasn't too pleased that they didn't tell me. I was not prepared for leaving the hospital in menopause!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.