Endometriosis emotions

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can not find much info about emotional ups and downs related to endometriosis and hormone imbalances. Can anyone speak to this. Frankly it made me "crazy."

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, your moniker says the rest of it: if the hormones aren't making us crazy, the pain is. I don't have any more sophisticated response for you.

You're not alone.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. My adult son thinks I am a drama queen after growing up watching me suffer. I understand his anger as it wasn't ideal conditions to be raised in. Although I wouldn't wish it on anyone and after finally getting the right hormone replacement therapy I still question myself. It's so difficult to go through 30 years of suffering and not blame myself too. 

• Posted

Oh my goodness, woman, yes indeed, 30 years is a lifetime of pain. Let your son take a stroll through these posts! I used to lie on the linoleum floor in our 10-month summers as a way to chill the pain out of my body. Fortunately there was no one but the dog to rat me out, and he was too sweet.

Tell your son he's lucky: I persuaded the doctor to remove all my reproductive organs when I was 27 and childless because I couldn't face a lifetime of pain.

• Posted

Hit reply too soon ,,, many women become more infertile either by design with meds or by surgery, like me. To us he would never have been born.
  • Posted

The emotions are HORRIBLE!! Im scheduled to have a lap next week, and then they want me to go on lupron (I'm terrifed to try this). But, I can't live with the constant pain, and up's and down's either. I feel that I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. 

I have 2 small boys (3 and 2), and I feel like I'm terrible mom becuase of the hormones and not being able to sleep from the pain. I cry from the guilt of yelling at them.It's the worst. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.