Endometriosis (MRI found nothing)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I would like to know if anyone has encountered a similar situation. A week ago I did an MRI, I was completely confident that they would find foci of endometriosis in the bladder and intestines, since during menstruation I always have blood in my urine and after defecation. There is never and has never been pain in the bladder and intestines. A few hours before my period there are always a few brown drops, there is no severe pain either, I don’t take painkillers.

What other ways are there to check for endometriosis? Should I get an MRI during my period? I did an MRI 3 days before the start of my period, when the endometrium grows beyond the walls of the uterus as much as possible.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I don't understand why you assume that you have endo rather than a kidney or bladder problem. And why did they do an MRI? This makes zero sense to me. You're not in pain, have no bowel impact, and no long heavy periods.

You don't sound like you are suffering, so why go looking for an incurable nightmare of a disease? But go ahead & try to convince a doctor to do a laparoscopy for a good old fashioned look inside you. A GP told me last week that there is a new way to send cameras thru the body to look for endo, but he didn't have a name for the test. Given that he's my age -- 70 -- is a pinch hitter in my clinic & i saw him about something else, i don't know how good his info is.

I am 70 and i am still dealing with endo. Why would you want this? If anyone had told me in my 20s that I'd have it for life, I'd have done things very differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.