Episodic Continued Gall Bladder Area Pain 2 Months after cholecystectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Im in my mid 50's and had gall bladder issues for years. my HIDA scan showed my gall bladder was not functioning at all. i never had stones. i had my gall bladder out June 2023. its now August 2023 and I'm still having burning and soreness where my gall bladder was. some days i feel fine while other days i wake up with burning and soreness with mild nausea at the gall bladder site. The surgeon told me my gall bladder looked normal when he removed it. it just didnt function. He said my surgery was textbook case easy and he was done fast. Why am i still having pain? . it feels similar to the pain and nausea i had with the gall bladder. it seems to happen every other day. eating doesn't seem to impact it like it did the first 5 weeks but movement can exacerbate it. movement can make it worse but it can just come on at any time. often i wake up with this burning or sore pain.

does this sound like anything any of you had and does it ever go away?

what causes this? why does it happen?

thanks! i really need answers since my CT scan was normal

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.