epsom salts oral for constipation

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone ever use epsom salts - oral for constipation? i found some but wanted to know if it helped anyone?

ta smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No, I haven't used it, but it is a treatment for constipation...I bought some recently for that purpose, but through a change of diet I was able to correct things...

• Posted

I use a healthy drink in evening that works w a sprinkle of Chia blended in and that works but thought just a sprinkle of the salts as well.

Thank you very much 😊

• Posted

I've suffered from constipation all my life and it's worse now due to the medication I take. I was lucky if I had a bowel movement once a fortnight! My record is 5 weeks, No joke! I tried EVERYTHING and I could never find anything that really worked well and didn't cause me any pain etc.

I stumbled upon a tub of Epsom salts when I was shopping for suppositories and I'd never seen them on the 'constipation' shelf before. It said on the tub it was for the relief of constipation, so I thought I'd give it a go. Well, I'm amazed! After being bunged up for nearly two weeks, I had an easy to pass stool the morning after I had the drink. It works by drawing water into the bowel, to soften the hard poo that's already in there and it also gently stimulates your bowels to give you the urge. (my meds really slow my digestive tract down) after all these years of suffering, I'm so so so happy and relieved, it's unbelievable! I'd definitely recommend them, it's worth giving them a try to see if they work for you 😊

Ps. They have quite a bitter taste when mixed in a drink so I'd suggest lemon cordial or hot fruit tea. What I do now instead, which I find easier is fill empty capsules with the magnesium sulfate and drink a pint of water or juice with them.

• Posted

Yep bitter taste. I use carrot, green apple, frozen spinach cube blended & poured in ice cube tray & have one cube every evening. It works.

I add a slice of frozen ginger & now epsom. To see how good these are.

Thank you so much👍😆

• Posted

Hi Ellybaby,

I suffer too due to medication ugh! Are you able to use the Epsom salts on a regular basis? All of the solutions to constipation seem to have the down side of the bowels becoming dependent. It would to to find something that just worked!

Thanks,

Elissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.