ER Doc sends me to Advanced Imaging Center

Posted , 3 users are following.

left testical pain, went to the ER and the doctor checked it out...

He said he thought it was fluid build up after giving him a urine sample.

He told me tomorrow morning that they would call me for an appointment to a different location to a Advanced Imaging Center...

I'm curious if this is bad? Why would I have to go to a radiologist, and not find the problem out in the hospital?

He said I needed an ultra sound of my left testical.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scar90312, I was told same thing (hydroseal) Dr sent me for ultrasound too... apparently it's pretty common, if a lot of liquid they can remove, I've had since was young 35+ years

• Posted

It's been hurting me for over 6 months....

I did have a pretty big fluid buildup 5 months ago, where it did have a big swollen lump of the size of a pea, where if I touched it, I would have a pain on the scale of about a 7-8....

2-3 Days of pain, on the last day I said I'm going to the ER tomorrow morning, and sure enough the pain went back down to a 1-2.

Now I get a 1-2 pain 60% of the day, especially if Im sitting/layin sideways in certain positions, and my testical begins to hurt...

Maybe the fluid is going back down on its own, since it did have a big lump? 

I'm going to screwed without insurance....ER cost is prob going to be a grand, and a lady just called saying a ultrasound is going to cost me $375...

I hope all this is worth it..Maybe I should of just try to ride it out some more and it would of went away.

I don't want to have surgery on my testical ....

• Posted

I'm in the uk and have a simalar thing going on I'm lucky it's free I just done antibiotics and the pain is still there sad so back to docs my kidney n stomach pain as gone down but dull pain under tedticle can be a varicose vein or nerves pushing on the tubes he said my tube was inflamed so gave me dakatort cream which helps with pain it's for sweat rash but for some reason helps down there doctor prescribed it try it cheers

• Posted

I had the ultrasound today, they're going to send in the results to my doctor and call me tomorrow... I had a lil weird experience today, that I did not expect...

I had a female nurse give me an ultrasound on my testical, she was cute too.... 

The nurse took like 30 minutes ultrasounding my testicals, and about halfway through of trying not to get aroused, she said something to me, I don't remember exactly what she said, it was something like "something something going alright babe"... 

All I heard was babe, and my penis got maybe 30% aroused, it wasn't sticking out, but I could tell that my penis was going to become 50% if I didn't have to think about 300 pound women and 90 year old women in my head to get rid of it.. 

Halfway through she was like, "We would of been done already if I could type good" 

then went on ultrasounding my testical for another 15 minutes. 

I was about to say "I think I'm getting a little aroused from all this stimulation", but I didn't because I never got more than 30% aroused. 

I had a feeling she was trying to get me aroused, maybe to make herself feel good..Maybe I just have a big ego, thinking that girls find me attractive(I'm 6'2 and consider myself good looking and well groomed"

)

How long should an ultrasound take? Any nurses in here have an experience with guys getting aroused or erected during exams? 

I didn't want to seem like a creep by getting aroused during an exam...Is this normal for female nurses? 

30 minutes of her arm on my leg, and hand rubbing my testicals for a good 30 minutes, it was hard to hold back...I'm actually surprised my penis didn't stand up, I kept trying to hold back... 

Your thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.