Esa

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been awarded the support group for 2 yrs. I was awarded this in december 2015. I was told i would get a break down of what payments i would receive and a letter telling me why i had been awarded it.

I had to ring DWP in jan cus i didnt receive any letters at all. They said they had to take off my claim as there was a clerical error and they would get DWP to send me another letter.

All i have received is a letter saying they have awarded me the support group and they feel im unfit to work. Thats it no break down of the assesment nothing.

Ive still not received anything from dwp regarding a break down of my payments all i know is i receive £257 per fortnight for a joint claim of esa and £62 per week carer allowance as my husband is my carer.

I dont know wether this is the correct amount cus ive not received notification.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my payments all i know is i receive £257 per fortnight for a joint claim of esa and £62 per week carer allowance as my husband is my carer.

I'm not begrudging what you get, but many like myself have lost over £257 PER WEEK when moving over to PIP from DLA!!!

In a way if I was you I would be thankful that you get what you are getting PLUS the DLA/PIP award that you are awarded.

• Posted

I am grateful for what i get im not disputing the amount. All im saying is i havent received any letters stating my payments.

I have been on here a number of times and people have commented about letters telling them what there esa assesment report said and regarding a letter from dwp giving them a break down of what there payments are.

I am not the enemy here im not the dwp i dont decide what people get im sorry for money being taken off you but i was only commenting about letters

• Posted

Sorry Dawn, it's my mistake. i read your post that weren't happy with your ESA award.

Yes you should have a copy of the assessors report and a letter that breaks down how your money is made up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.