Esa assesment

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on esa now for 15mth. Ive still not had an assesment and was wondering if anyone knows the waiting time for maximus to give out appointments

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

23 months here rang them few months back and all they said was they can't get any gps or medical staff in my area to do the interviews they looked how long it's been and said nothing It's a bloody joke I'm owned thousands of pounds I probably will never get I may apply for pip but I can't even get into a support group
    • Posted

Apply for pip i did and got the lower standard of daily living
    • Posted

What about me backdated money from ESA ? Will I get it I've been ill for a long time
    • Posted

i know when i appealed and won i got the back pay paid as i had been waiting a year for the appeal to be heard, once won it can take 6 weeks to 3months to sort it out. sometimes if you live alone ask the MP for your area to help as this can speed up the payment of back pay and your money going up to correct rate.
    • Posted

Happy you got the backdated money well done the problem with mine is they won't give me a interview to be assessed so I go into support groups I've ran them and they said I needed to ring DWP to fash track my case DWP said they don't do fast track interview they just send my info to atos or the new one maximus my local MP is the dept to IDS I think I will contact him and get it sorted I don't know if I will be going back to work.

Sorry for the long post

Take care Paul

• Posted

Hi a friends waited 3 years and still nothing , she never called them 
  • Posted

hi there, 

just to put your mind at rest i would ring up DWP call centre and ask them, when does your exiting claim for ESA run out. the DWP won't send letters out to claiments about there outcome unless it is asked for. 

you can ask for a letter to be sent to you to comfirm this, the DWP will say why do you need this, just say for my own records. 

To answer your question, if theire is adequet information on your assessment form, then you won't be called for assessment, the government says everyone will be reassesed not everyone will go for assessment. 

if you allready have a date as to when your present claim will run to, i personaly would wait untill your reassed, they should send you form for you to be reassesed, even though becuse of the huge backlog they are assessing reassesments on their past information and extending there claim period. 

• Posted

I have gone from contribution based to income related esa.

I have an email every month from the jobcentre asking how my health is as i cant get about very well.

And when i ask if im any nearer a assesment im told to contact maximus who have me down for a home visit if and when the have a medical assesor available to do house calls.

I have lived for 15mths on £72 a week and find this hard but i cant work so i have no choice.

• Posted

hi dawn,i been waiting for a esa assesment now for 2 years,and i have to keep sending in sick notes,and i just been awarded pip,i wish i knew how long we have to wait to be assessed its really doing my head in too
    • Posted

Hi bev i guess we just have to carry on waiting hope you hear good news soon x
  • Posted

thanks dawn ,hope you you hears from them soon to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.