ESA LETTER ??????????/

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there ive been awarded PIP enhanced rate and been claiming ESA for 12 wks. I got a leeter thursday saying after new imformation recieved i will be getting £73,10 rate until March 2016, im a bit confused about this as i was preparing myself for the 13 wk assessment, does this mean NO ASSESSMENT or im only getting due to contribution made, ive read that after assessment if you are entitled to esa you get bit more, does this mean that IF i have assessment after March I WILL GET BACKDATED MONIES, OR do they think im not worth an assessment and just paying me coz im signed of sick, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ON THIS SITUATION OR FACED IT THEMSELVES. many thanks :-()

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you will get a lettre from the job centre increasing your ESA because you are sick and  think you will have to apply again before march because your reward is till  march 2016 . And pip it's nothing to do with your contribution it's because you are sick , 
  • Posted

Hi Jayne

If you are assessed for ESA the you will receive an extra compoent an extra £28.75 if you are placed in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) or £35.75 if you are placed in the Support Group (SG). You can receive contribution based benefit in the WRAG for 12 months the time for contribution based benefit has no time limit in the SG. The compoent rate will be backed dated once you are placed in one of the groups.

It's hard to judge why you have been told you have an award until March 2016 when you haven't even had an assessment yet. The 'new information' might have been the PIP Assessment in which case you should have been placed in one of the groups. I would phone ESA and ask for a clairification.

• Posted

hi Anthony, many thanks for your reply, ive looked at letter again and it states contribution based ESA until 30th March 2016, i was wondering if this is because my contributions for 20years work is all that covers the time span till 30th march. Maybe you are right about PIP assessment imformation but i would of thought this would have been explained in the letter where they say,"we have looked at your claim following the recent change" not clearly explained at all, going to have to wait till march n all the worry etc will come flooding bk, whats the point of making people wait so long. :-) x
    • Posted

Hi Jayne

Thanks for the extra info. Once your contribution ESA runs out you can claim Income Related ESA. However, this depends on your circumstances i.e. what other income is coming into your household like a partners wages, a pension etc.

For example if you live as a alone adult (children don't count) then your claim will basically stay at the same rate. If you have a partner then their income will be assessed and if it is too high you will not receive anything.

• Posted

Hi Jane,  I'm a bit like you I'm on esa based on my insurance contributions. Runs out in December.  I am going for an assessment soon to see whether I would qualify for support group esa. Or would need to go on jobseekers. 

I I would think that if you've qualified for higher rate PIP you would qualify for support group Esa  C A B are very useful for getting advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.