esa or income support with carers allowence?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! My partners claimes Ir.esa for us at £140 per week, work related. I have been awarded Pip both enhansed rates. Which is best with a claim for carers allowence income support or esa, any advice please.I

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

There is no income support any more it is all ESA now..
    • Posted

We have been awarded income support so it is still available to claim.
    • Posted

OOh right thought they had done away with it altogether.. Sorry for giving you wrong information
    • Posted

That's okay the systems so confusing even for benefit advisors,

• Posted

Hi Puppy Sue

Put your details into a benefits calculator. With your partner claiming carer allowance for you he would receive £62.10pw and there would be an additional £155.90pw Income support top up due to the fact you are in receipt of Enhanced Daily Care PIP.

You would also qualify for full Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction. Your PIP payment of £139.75 would be in addition to the above giving you a weekly income of £62.10 + £155.90 + £139.75 = £357.75pw

• Posted

Thankyou very much for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply. Im bowled over !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.