Escitalopram side effect?? dizziness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive been on Escitalopram 10mg for 8 days now n been suffering light headedness all day everyday... is this a side effect of the meds or something else?? Will it ease soon 😦 im taking these meds ta help with anxiety but scared there something wrong 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just one of the side effects! I suffer from the shakes and gittery feelings! I am on my 8 day also! I just would like to feel better soon!
  • Posted

Most likely side effects.  I started at a lower dose and titrated up to 10mg.  I started at 2.5 mg for a couple of days, then 5mg for a week or so, then 7.5 mg for a couple more weeks and finally at about the 3-4 week mark up to 10mg.  I had very few side effects but it probably took me a little longer to feel the full effects of the meds but it didn eventually happen.  I feel great!

Hang in there and know that side effects are temporary and goodness is just around the corner!

• Posted

Hi bluefairy. Yes hun, its a common initial side effect, you may also get increased anxiety for first few weeks. I have been on it for over 4yrs & currently manage very well on 15mg. it keeps me as the real me, & keeps my depression & anxiety at bay. I am 45 & have had long bouts of anxiety & depression since age 19, so have been on anti depressants more often than not, but hey, if i have to take a pill to keep my brain chemical balance level, & get through life relatively normally , then so be it. see how you go for 4-6wks on that dose, & if you still dont feel "level", you may need an increase to 15mg(in consult with your doc of course-just talking from my experience)Take care hun, & stick with it.xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.