Esomeprazole anxiety, anyone else has this?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Started on this PPI on 21/8, from day 2 it was downhill. Bad cramps, extreme tiredness, runny tum and after 4 days brain fog, shakiness, chills appeared. I was at A & E twice, they did tests and said there’s nothing wrong with me. On 6/9 I was on the internet trying to see if there was a link with the PPI & my symptoms, I found so many stories of people going through the same thing. I have not had a tablet since 6/9 and though my brain fog has gone my anxiety is so high, I’m shaking, scared, battle to breath and had to put a weeks leave in at work as I’m too scared to drive. Today is day 5 off the PPI and I was hoping I would feel better by now - has anyone else had this and how long until you felt normal - heck I’d go for semi normal at this stage. I am 52 and have never felt this way before and never had anxiety before.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if anyone else reads this and is battling try acupuncture. I had my first session yesterday and have defo felt a difference with my anxiety. can't wait for my next one. For the first time in weeks I feel that there is a light at the end of the road.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.