Euphoria from Lexapro 5 mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone have experienced euphoria when they first started Lexapro - or any other antidepressants.

I felt happy, giddy, giggling and a warm euphoria after my very first dose. Today is day 4, and I feel the same way.

It's not fullblown hypomania. And the doctors seem to think I'm not bipolar, just sensitive to medication.

Have anyone experienced the same thing, feeling kinda high? Did it go away after some time, and if so did it work normally afterwards?

I'm taking it for depression and anxiety

I'm also on valproate sodium, gabapentin and mirtazapine. I reacted normal to mirtazapine and sertraline in the past.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I wish I had that initial reaction lol! My experience was quite the opposite... my anxiety pretty much stayed the same the first couple of weeks (maybe a teensy bit less) before I saw any improvement.

I'd see how long it lasts since it's still only been a couple of days! It takes our bodies a while to adjust to the changes. At least it's a happy side effect 😃 Good luck! xx

• Posted

Yes, well it's definitely better than being depressed, lol. But it's going to be a problem if it continues.. then I'd crash eventually. Just really hoping that someone has had a similar reaction without actually being bipolar 😃

• Posted

Hello, I have been taking escitalopram for 7 days now and I have to say I feel really happy like a weird feeling in my body.. I Don't know if it's euphoria but it's the complete opposite to what I was feeling last week before taking them x

• Posted

Today is my first day on 5mg of lexapro and I felt soooooo good for like the first 8 hours (not quite euphoric but just happy!) but then I crashed back to my normal anxious self. going to take it again tomorrow and hope for the best. I know this post is old but could you update on how it went for you? I'd appreciate it as I am nervous as hell to take these meds!

• Posted

first day on 5mg of lexapro and I felt soooooo good for like the first 8 hours (not quite euphoric but just happy!) but then I crashed back to my normal anxious self. going to take it again tomorrow and hope for the best. I know this post is old but could you update on how it went for you? I'd appreciate it as I am nervous as hell to take these meds!

• Posted

I just started on 5mg and feel the same thing on both days. The euphoria energizing part lasted both days for a few hours and slowed down with me being tired towards the end of the day.

I also take gabapentin at night sometimes as a sleep aid, insomnia. I don't like most sedatives, too brain dead the next day. Tried mitrazapine, that was an elephant tranquilizer for me. Slept like I was dead but was crazy brain dead and tired the whole next day. 10mg, then 5mg, then 2.5mg won't touch the stuff any more.

How did this turn out for you? Did you keep this side effect or did it mellow out?

• Posted

And I'm not bipolar.

• Posted

how much milligrams of Lexapro do you take, also do you snort it or swallow it

• Posted

I felt the same , I tought it was really weird and then I knew I felt euphoria, feeling high without alucinations. I am taking escitalopram ,I have 1 year with it and I felt like that 3 times

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.