Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi 

My daughter has been told her deafness is due to a blockage in the eustachian tube.  She has a steroid nose spray and we are still using saline wash but does anyone have any tips to clear it.  She just wants to hear again and its driving her mad.  she will try anything 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could offer some advice but I'm in the same boat as your daughter. I have had a blocked ear since December. ENT say it's a blocked eustatian tube. I take steroid sprays, sinus rinse and decongestants and it's still blocked, it's driving me mad. I hope you find a result for your daughter to help clear this up and when you do please let me know, I could do with some help. Good luck !
  • Posted

Hi have her try doing gargles with hidrogen peroxide...1/2 peroxide and half water.or a little more diluted...I have E tube problems and this has helped nicely...It will get better.
    • Posted

thanks, we will give it a go and let you know .  does it taste horrid?

what strenghth hidrogen peroxide do you use ?

• Posted

I've had ETD for 9 years. I am 29 now. This is what I do, and it has worked for me. I use flonase - 2 sprays in each nostrile once a day. I then take sudafed or something like a claritin D or Alegra D - I take one of these that is a 24 hr. pill ONCE per day. Then, I take 2 Fish Oil pills and one Zinc pill per day (to naturally lower inflamation). And on top of ALL of that, I cut dairy out of my entire diet. If you do this, you should see improvement within 2-3 weeks. Note: make sure to store your medications at room temp. If you do not, it can kill your medicines and they will not work. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.