eustachian tube dysfunction

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hv sudden sensorineural earing loss on my right ear both the ears are blocked feels like air is sucker in head full of pressure.i hv tired nasal spary antibiotics everything but no changes ent drs say eustachian tube dysfunction can't do much when I ask them about ear tubes they say it's only for patients with fluid build up md balloon dilation may not work well 😯😐I am at lost can someone help me .every sec there is pain in my ears and head

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you have a sudden sensorineural hearing loss then it is treated with steroids as quickly as possible. Hopefully within the first 24 hours. If you have a conductive hearing loss due to eustachian tube dysfunction with or without fluid behind the ear drums, it can be treated with antibiotics, ear tubes, nasal spray, surgery and balloon dilation. The two are very different. Are you sure they said sensorineural hearing loss and eustachian tube dysfunction?? The feeling of pain in your ears and pressure in your head sounds like middle ear problems which should be a conductive hearing loss. Were you sick/ had a cold or virus when this happened? How long ago did you see the ENT and are you going back to see them? Can you go to the emergency department if you are in that much pain?Β 
    • Posted

In Aug 2015 I had sudden sensorineural earing loss. I was treated with steroids the next day but to this day my right ear is known as a death ear I am not fit even to use a earing aid.in Oct o started having my left left ear blocking when I told the ent drs they say nothing is wrong with my heating by Nov 2015 I started feeling heaviness on my head .is against complain to the drs they on started me on nasal spray and telfast in jan 2016. No changes now I am on antibiotics and have completed that also yet no difference both my ears feel as if air is begin suck in the head feels so heavy. On 15 feb I be seeing drs again but they don't seem to give me any solution. The dr even told me I should be happy it's not cancer😈both my ears as tinnitus I suffering
    • Posted

What a stupid thing to tell you to be happy it's not cancer!!! What you are suffering sounds terrible.I would get a second ENT opinion and see an audiologist for a tympanogram to look at how your middle ear system is working and if there is very negative pressure, then a hearing test to see how much of a conductive hearing loss you have. I think they should be sorting out why you are suffering with so much pain!!!
    • Posted

Thanks for understanding me even the drs can't seem to getting what I am telling them.i be seeing them in 15 feb I am going to insist on having a balloon dilation or a ear tube because my life sucks there are days I wanted to just commit suicide. My head feels so head with neck pain ....I can't image my life living with this pain ...I haven't been working I am suppose to go back to work on 23 feb 😯😯😯
  • Posted

Is there any way that you could also have neck or jaw pain? A chiropractor might help?? All the best. I hope to hear in the next few weeks, that someone has resolved the problem for you xxxxxxx smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.