Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - After Middle Ear Infection - Inflammation / Swollen Lining

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'll keep this short and sweet.

I developed a middle ear infection 8 months ago (July 2020) and developed ETD from it.

Lots of pain, EXTREMELY LOUD tinnitus and popping in my ear.

No nasal drip or anything like that.

July To November: It felt like there was a grapefruit in my head. No movement. Pain. Loud tinnitus.

Novemeber To Present (i.e. April 2021): Grapefruit feeling replaced by constant tissue movement. Like there is a living "Flubber" octopus in my E-tube CONSTANTLY moving around. Loud tinnitus.

Had balloon dilation surgery in February 2021. Reduced the movement a bit and brought the tinnitus noise level down. But hasn't cured me like I hoped.

Can anyone on the entire internet match these symptoms?

My guess, is the lining of the E-tube is swollen, but it's taking forever to heal.

Is there anything more that can be done besides "wait"?

There's so little information about this affliction...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.