Excessive belching after H pylori eradication

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started experiencing excessive belching about 1.5 years ago and tested positive for H. pylori. i did a first round of antibiotics which didnt clear it, but the second round did. i did a stool test to confirm the infection was gone. however, still a year later, i am still having excessive burping. it was relieved a little after the H pylori treatment but came back. my endoscopy was normal. i do notice its worse when i eat certain foods and i normally wake up with a lot if gas and need to burp many times after waking up. i do not have any other symptoms: no stomach pain or abdominal discomfort aside from gas, no changes in stool, nothing.

i was seen by two GI doctors, one put me on two acid reducers and metoclopramide which helped the symptoms a little initially but now its back to how it was after several months of taking the 3 medications, so the other GI doctor had me stop them. He claim "nothing is wrong" and that burping just "happens with older age sometimes". i was also consistently taking probiotics for many months but didnt feel relief in my symptoms. simethicone and gaviscon also do not provide sufficient relief in my symptoms im frustrated and worried it could be a part of a larger problem but my two GI doctors dont think its anything serious. any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If one medication causes lots of side effects its best to try another medication. What works for me will not work for you and vice versa. Speak to your GP about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.