Excessive Yawning After Drinking Tea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Before joining this website, I tried googling my problem, but didn't find anything, so I tried to join such website and ask people. I have this problem, whenever I drink tea (especially dark tea, for example Earl Gray), I don't feel well, I start yawning and I feel like I'm lacking air/oxygen? I'm trying to inhale more air by deep yawnings and I yawn almost in every 2-3 minutes and it lasts almost whole day. I think coffee does same thing to me too, but I'm not sure, I didn't pay attention and I rarely drink coffee because it hastens my heartbeat. Green tea also gives me same problem, but not as badly as dark (normal) tea. I'm wondering why it happens to me and what causes it and is anyone having same problem or it's just me?

Thanks in advance for replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try getting more sleep.

• Posted

My sleep pattern is perfect and sleep amount is perfect. It's not sleep. Problem is definitely tea. If I don't drink tea and coffee, I don't have that problem.

• Posted

Perhaps have a look in the ingredients in it to see if there are any clues

• Posted

All dark/normal teas do that and even green teas too, but not as much and I think coffee does it too. Only ingredient that is in all above mentioned things is caffeine and in green tea caffeine is less, but still existing and considering that green tea also gives me this problem but not as bad as normal tea, all my suspicion goes to caffeine. But I would like more detailed answer from physicians.

• Posted

You are not alone, I have a similar response. I initially noticed this reaction to regular coffee. Decaf coffee doesn't seem to bother me. Matcha has the same effect so I tried decaf matcha and it still makes me yawn like crazy. I thought is was just the caffeine but maybe it's something else? Or my decaf matcha has more caffeine than it should.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.