Exhaustion after Tramadol withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Tramadol about 12 years ago. Never really high dose but constant. I took 50 main morning and 50 at night. In the beginning it was a miracle and did away with pain. After I retired knees were not so bad but took Tramadol to advoid withdrawal,don’t think it was doing much for pain. Tramadol has side effects we don’t talk about much. Anyway after a few try’s, I’m off. Been off about a week and half. I was on 50mg pills and cut them in half and reduced from a 100 MB’s a day to 75 for 3 weeks(1 50mg tab in am and a 25mg at night)then to 25 in morning and 25 in evening. I did this for a month. Then cut half of 25 tab to approximately 12and a half mg in am and pm. I did this for about two weeks. I meant to do this step longer but forgot to get prescription and was out of town and had to go faster. Anyway I’m off about a week and a half. I was able to advoid the zingy terrible leg thing and that kind of thing. But the exhaustion is terrible. I’m sure it’s related to SSRI thing. Does anyone know how long it lasts.    I’m angry at physicians for never telling you it is addictive. When I talk about it, they seem surprised it causes withdrawal. I think they feel guilty. I will never ever take it again and I will be VERY cautious about anything I take.  

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was on it for about 6 years and was on between 300-400mg for most of that time. My doctor had me wean off it. Was to reduce by one 50mg tablet every 2 weeks but managed to do it faster so was completely weaned off within 6 weeks. Didn’t have any side effects and would take it again if needed too xx
  • Posted

I was waiting for mine to get refilled for over a week I thought I was going to die the withdrawal symptoms are horrible. It affected every part of your body I to take 50mg morning and night. But my lower back and hips are still in pain. I am to scared to go with out I can't do the withdrawal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.