Experience w Tegretol ER - extended release ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I manage with Tegretol, aka Carbamazepine. I'd call it 85% effective for me; meaning 15% of the time, I am managing symptoms. 98% of those symptoms are nothing major. Once in a long while, I will get a real debilitating shokcker for seconds at a time.

One of my many doctors (other than the neurologist) has suggested that extended release tablets may be a better fit. Does anyone have experience with Tegretol ER ?

eddie13

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Eddie

I was on Tegretol Slow Release they did help for about six months, however it was not for me because my body got used to them and I was still getting the shocks in spasms. Go for it just because they weren't for me doesnt mean they cant help you, I would definately recomend the TIC injection pain free and no drugs (BLISS) Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill07965,

"TIC injection" - please explain.

eddie13

If that's July 9th, so's my brother Steve !

• Posted

Dear Eddie

A TIC Injection is a injection guided by x-ray that goes through your cheek into the back of your head where the nevre starts. The injectect Gylcerol into the nevre to block the pain, it has worked for me but it is not permanent !! and you are left with some numbness in the lips. but its better than the pain. You will need to be referred to a neurologist for this procedure to be done - good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.