Experiences with Pregalblin for disc pain please (aka Lyrica)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

My history is in another mcuh longer post if you want to have a read if interested. I am in the process of transition from Amitriptyline, Tramadol, Diclofenac and Diazepan to taking Pregablin. I am reducing the other drugs gradually  and am off the Diazepan now. How long does it take for the Pregablin to work and build up in your system? I'm taking it for extremely bad neurological nerve pain in my leg and foot. What dosage has worked for you? Any side effects ot experiences with this please share.

I previously tried Garbepentin but it didn't agree with me, the GP was reluctent for me to be on Pregablin until the Neurologist and accute pain team in hospital insisted. I hear it is £100 a week and Garbapentin is much cheaper! Thanks in advance for any replies.

Helen

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am taking pregamblin and it workes straight away for me I am still taking daizapn and mst but will soon be reducing them. I am currently on 75ml in the the day and then take 150 ml at night because it just knocks me out so be careful all the best
  • Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I can't tolerate Diazepan at all but am having trouble stopping the Tramadol even though I'm reducing it slowly. I'm on 75mg of Pregablin twice a day and it makes me very hyper not tired. I'm thinking that I'll need to increase my dose as my leg tremours last night were awful and went on for hours, I'll phone my Doctor on Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.