Experiencing walking difficulties due to restricted ankle joint mobility.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 26 years old, haven't had any trauma or injury, but I have been experiencing walking difficulty for around 6 years now, and it started probably because of my diet. I was vegetarian, and later on was diagnosed with B12 deficiency.

I don't have an medical diagnosis, but surfing through ailment descriptions, I've concluded that I have something similar to ankle anxyliosis for like 5 years already, and the condition is worsening, because I get pain not only in knees but throughout my spine. I had a B12 deficiency, that was diagnosed long time ago, 5 or 4 years ago, it was most probably due to my diet habits. I was a vegetarian for more than a year, then I stopped the diet, but my condition still was getting worse. I administered B12 sublingually as well as by injections for a long time, and it helped to ease some of the symptoms, I was experiencing, like numbness in hands and legs and sharp pain in legs, but it did nothing for the immobility of the ankle and consequential walking difficulty. I have now normal B12 levels. When I'm walking, I'm basically feeling like walking in ski boots, the same sensation. I have tested the nerve transmission in my legs and the results were fine there, as well as have had ultrasonography of one of my ankles, doctor told me that everything looks aright, only a tiny bit of bone spurs, but nothing important. But I know for a fact, that something is wrong with my body, that stems from the ankle inflexibility. The constant wrong gait and posture does harm to my back and hips as well. Doctors seem to not be able to find anything, and just recommend to wear these podiatric soles, which I know very well won't help, as my problem is not so trivial. Maybe someone here, has any idea what could be the issue. I have read about footballer's ankle, but I haven't had any injury and I have restricted mobility in both of my ankles. From my general subjective feelings, I think that the condition should be more systemic, rather than local. But I have no idea. I have tested for arthritis and I don't have it.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.