Extreme exhaustion and brain fog ,easily irritable ,mood swings ,allergic to tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had serve fatigue starting over 2 years ,from past 6 months or so i am having bad mood swings and cramping in stomach right after meals i am having bowel movements once a week on average i have done many tests including thyroid ,b12  , stool tests and various blood tests all seems to be normal only thing low is blood count like 10 which they count 15 to be normal to counter this my doctor gave me some folic acid  after taking them too i get  set of horrible reaction like extreme brain fog and skin paleness with headaches mad i mean right taking them  im losing weight too, the worst symptom is the bran fog after eating food feels like my brain shut down cant think straight and some other times i get this horrible numbness in legs and chest tightness right after eating .the other other times i have on and off anxiety and depression with unstable body temperature like  feel very hot under skin and sometimes feel very cold depending on the weather i've been researching on many things online  mcas is the closest i ve come up with could it be ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Charan, Have you considered food allergies? Brain fog can certainly be caused by mcas, but the feeling you describe, I've experienced with reactions to foods, particularly dairy. Have you kept a diary of your intake of food, and any consistent reactions? Then you'll have an idea which to avoid. Best wishes, MarjD.

• Posted

my food is mostly carbs mixed with bit of protein like eggs i get horrible brain fog taking taking iron pills , consuming fruits , raw vegetables. i get panicky feeling after eating one day where as other day in ok and i cant tolerate meat also only sometimes .
    • Posted

Moderate protein is really important for health! Can you try chicken. with steamed veg - potato, pumpkin, zucchini? Lovely in a chicken soup. too! Rice is a staple too, v.easily digested. in cakes, steamed with a little fruit added, & coconut milk. Hope this gives u some satisfy ing ideas! Regards, MarjD.

• Posted

Hi charan, there is a list of symptoms at mastcelldisease.com/mcas-symptoms. I had 54/58 when I finally got diagnosed. It's worth checking out to see how many fit you. For most of us we have at least a couple of dozen of these. I am down to just a handful now, and even had ZERO today after starting a new medicine. Good luck and big hugs, I know how confusing it can be to figure out what's wrong when the tests all come back normal!

xo Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.