EXTREME WATERY EYES (URGENT)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey I have had watery eyes for like 3 years and each year it got worse and I'm frustrated because I can't look people in the eyes it mostly happens at school or stores I think it's the air conditioner I wear glasses and it still happens I went to the eye doctor and he told me to use artificial tears but they don't help at all!! I'm so sad and depressed this is ruining my social life I haven't gone out the house in 3 years and school is like hell because of this problem if you could tell me the cure I would love you so much btw I'm 15 thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh gosh,you are way too young to be going through this. You sound like you may have dry eye. Some forms of dry eye need more then just eye drops to help,such as compresses,omega 3 fish oil,lid massage and maybe a medication. Ask your eye doctor to examine the upper and lower lids for specifically..gland blockage caused by disfunction of the glands of your lids,specifically ask for him or her to look for Mgd. Over the counter drops can be used to some extent,but if this is the caus,more is needed. You are probably thinking,dry eye,no way,but excessive watering of the eye actually can be a dry eye symptom. They might run tests for tear production,but if you have mgd these tests can be normal. Its the quality of the tears. You have 3 layers to your tear film. The glands in the lids are responsible for the 3rd layer. Oil. Xx
  • Posted

Google Mgd brandon,so many doctors never check for this and its like the main caus of dry eye. I hope this helps. I have this so I know how miserable it can be. Xx
    • Posted

I dont get the watery eyes very often. I just know its a symptom. My eyes are a work in progress,sometimes better,sometimes not.
  • Posted

Hi Brandon, I am also 15 and have the same symptoms, however my eyes do not really water. My main symptom is temporary blurred vision. You can go to a high street optometrist, if they see anything they'll refer you to an eye doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.